About the Project

Name: Kevin S
Topic: Skate Shop
E.Q.: What is most important to managing a successful skate shop?

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blog 18: The Product

As of March, My product is improving my product placement skills with new products and learning how to advertise a new product and give it the proper attention that it needs. My product will help me build on prior knowledge and help me . 
 

At my service learning, Kore Skate Shop in Montclair, I have earned my service learner Kevin Nahani's trust and he allows me to display new releases and takes my advice into consideration. The picture above is the new consignments that Kore will be having and I made sure to give the proper attention so that customers would buy thus benefit the skate shops revenue.

The importance of product placement is to attract the customers attention and make them more interested in buying whats new. Here are some of Kore's product placement examples at my service learning.


As you can see this is a unique way to display all of the hats and make sure to present the newer hats at the customers eye level.


In this picture it shows how the store puts out the shoes on sale in front of the better shoes located behind them because they want to get rid of the older shoes.

 In this picture this manikin is displayed with a new arrival, the sweater, the product display is different compared to others and gives the store the upper hand for originality.


Kevin Nahani and I displayed the newer shoes in a glass case in front of the store and made sure that the display was eye catching. So far customers always seem to ask questions about the product when they are displayed in such manner. 

Learning this skill will help me understand how to make sales only through learning how to display in a way that customers will be intrigued to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment